12 of the most famous museums in Europe
So you are thinking its time you visited the much vaunted European museums? Good idea. You do not want to kick the bucket before you visit the likes of Louvre in Paris or St. Petersburg in Rome. Below is a list of the top 12 must visit museums in Europe, along with their addresses. Take a look;
- Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris - Opened Tuesdays to Sundays from 10am-6pm, closed Mondays and public holidays. It is located in Paris
- Amsterdam Stadsarchief - Opened Tuesday to Friday from 10am to 5pm, Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 5pm. It is located in Amsterdam
- Berlin Wall Memorial - Opened on Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm. the museum is located in Berlin.
- Reykjavik Museum of Photography opened Mondays to Thursdays from noon to 7 Pm, and on Fridays noon to 8 pm and on weekends 1 PM to 5 PM
- National Museum in Copenhagen - It is opened from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 AM to 5PM
- Berardo Collection Museum in Lisbon - It is opened from Tuesday to Sunday from 10AM to 7 PM
- Florence Nightingale Museum in Istanbul - You need to make reservations in advance.
- Museo Storico della Liberazione in Rome - This is opened Tuesday to Sunday. The best time to visit is 9.30AM to 12.30PM
- Museo Del Prado in Madrid - This is opened Mondays to Saturdays from 6Pm to 8PM
- Musée des Beaux-Arts in Nice - Opened Tuesday to Sunday from 10AM to 6PM
- British Museum - Opened daily from 10AM to 5.30PM. On Fridays, it is open until 8.30PM
- Vatican Musuems - If you don't visit any other museum in Europe, make sure you get into the Vatican museums. They are numerous and display diverse areas of arts including artifacts, sculptures, ancient scrolls etc.
You will have an epic tour. These European museums are the custodians of the world history.