Everything you need to know about Singapore Changi Airport
Welcome to Singapore. Wherever you are coming from, there is no way you are going to avoid the Singapore Changi Airport. You may just as well know all there is to know about the airport. Below is a list that may come in handy in your search for this knowledge.
- The Singapore Changi Airport is codenamed as follows: IATA - SIN; ICAO - WSSS.
- The airport is located about 10.7 miles from the commercial center of Changi, and it sits on a 13 square kilometers of land.
- Singapore Changi Airport is one of the aviation hubs of Southeast Asia.
- Among the resident airlines in the airport are; Tiger Air, Air Asia, Singapore Airlines Cargo, Singapore Airlines, Scoot, SilkAir, Air Asia and Valueair and Jetstar Asia Airways.
- Here is a low down on actual statistics; About 100 airlines with a total of 6,400 weekly flights operate here. The flights go to 300 cities in 60 countries.
- 40,000 Singaporeans are employed by the airport. It contributes to about 6% of the country's GDP.
- Infrastructure - The Airport has 3 terminals with a capacity to handle 66 million passengers per year. A terminal is set to be operationalized in 2017 and another terminal 5 in 2020.
- The airport handled a total of 53.7 million passengers. This makes it the 5th busiest airport in the world and 2nd busiest in Asia.
- Its excellent customer service has seen it garner a total of 470 awards since 1981.
- Important infrastructure in the airport includes the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel (320 guestrooms).
- Ground Transportations - You can use the Mass Rapid Transportation rail from Tanah Merah MRT station to Changi Airport. You can also use buses operated by SBS Transit and SMRT Buses that make stops at Terminals 1, 2, and 3, or use taxis in the arrival halls of the 3 terminals.
Hopefully, the above list will help you avoid frustrations of getting confused in this vast airport.