If there is a Sandals resort that has been endowed with physical beauty, it would be the Sandals Royal Plantation. This resort is more of a natural conservancy than a manmade resort with its graceful trees and awe-inspiring beaches. The resort takes pride in its understated elegance. It comprises of 72-ocean view suites. It is tucked away from the sea on a coral bluff that gives it a homely feel.
The resort is an all-butler luxury destination that also boasts being near the 4-star rated Sandals Golf & Country Club. It has carved a name for itself by being attentive to details as well as beautiful landscaping work that allow the peacocks to roam around the lawns freely. As if to restate its pedestal spot in Jamaican hospitality industry, the resort has had popular guests such as Ian Fleming and Noel Coward. Its historic furnishings, coupled with new innovations here and there give the resort an ancient look that adds to its allure. Sandals Royal Plantation Resort is Jamaica’s only Champagne and Caviar resort.
Accommodations at this resort are categorized into different groups in order to cater for the needs of different guests. Below are the different categories:
- Villa Plantana
- Governor General Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite
- Prime Minister Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite
- Royal Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite
- Honeymoon Oceanfront Verandah Butler Suite
- Peacock Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Great House Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Plantation Oceanfront Butler Suite
- Orchid Oceanfront Butler Suite
Among the services you can expect when staying at the rooms include; butler services, 24-hour in-room service, and free Wi-Fi. The rooms are luxuriously decorated and lavishly furnished to turn them into love nests. They are the ultimate Caribbean escape for the love birds.
Your dining needs will be met by 5 different restaurants. For the best French culinary delights in Jamaica, perhaps you should start your dining experience with a bang at Le Papillon where Chef Eric Delaisement will serve you with his best French exploits as you listen to sweet music being played by the pianist.
If you are more into outdoors dining, then The Terrace is the restaurant to go to. Here you will enjoy some of the best Jamaican delicacies as you take in the breeze from the Caribbean Sea. It is the best spot to enjoy a candlelit dinner.
Executive Chef Peter Hamil at the Royal Grill will help you discover his specialty dish, the Pimento Roast Stuffed Chicken Drumsticks filled with Calalloo and Pumpkin in Rigmarole Sauce. Other restaurants within the establishment include; the Tea Terrace where you can sip your tea as you pass time in the afternoons and Wobbly Peacock where you will be served with some of the best cocktails as well as dishes such as Confit Salmon, Artichoke Soup and Lamb Rump.
To say that Sandals Royal Plantation Resort is a haven for the partygoers, outdoors buffs and love birds will be understatement. The resort has over the years made a name for itself as the place where things happen. Recreational activities are divided into the following categories:
- Scuba Diving - A visit to this resort will give a chance to learn a thing or two about scuba diving. The resort offers daily excursions for both the beginners and the experienced divers.
- Golf - At Sandals Golf & Country Club, you will have your chance at playing golf like a pro. Amazingly, the golf course overlooks the beautiful Caribbean Sea. The Golf digest has ranked this course as Par 71, 4-star golf course.
- Water Activities - You can engage in almost all kinds of water sports from kayaking, wind surfing, sailing, swimming, and riding hydro bikes to snorkeling and riding glass bottom boats.
- Land Activities - You can play tennis both during the day or night, play billiards, visit the fitness center or play golf.
- Spa - At the resorts Red Lane Spa, you will use facilities such as steam rooms, treatment rooms, yoga studios, plunge pools and beauty salon to help you relax and unwind.
- Fitness Center - The center is equipped with machines such as elliptical machines, tread mills, exercise bikes, universal weights, cybex equipment for the guests' different exercise regimen. You can also opt to attend the aqua fitness and aerobics classes.
- Tours - You can get a tour beyond the plantation on a horse back if you so request. The exhilarating views of the Caribbean Riviera are worth every minute you spend on it.
Whatever else you do in your lifetime, make sure you get a chance to stay at this resort and your holidaymaking experience will never be the same again. If you are planning a vacation, make sure that this time round, your destination will be worth the money you spend on it. A vacation at the Royal Plantation Resort is money well spent. Sounds like a great destination, doesn't it? Well it is. Contact us today and we will get you packing.