Top 5 Adventure Destinations in Thailand
Thailand is the top tourist destination in Asia. Its capital, Bangkok, has gained notoriety around the world as the place to be for an absolutely fantastic nightlife...but can it hold its own in the Adventure tourism? Below is a list of the top adventure destinations in Thailand.
1. Bangkok - Amidst the chaos of cars going to every direction, prostitutes trying to catch your attention, beggars trying to milk you of your every cent, thieves and sleazy tour operators, you will find Bangkok absolutely good to learn about the culture of the Thai people. It is like they say in Africa - within chaos rises nationhood. Within Bangkok chaos is the absolute adventure experience.
2. Rai Lay Beach - Rai Lay is a small peninsula located in the Andaman Sea in Southern Thailand. It has beautiful rock formations, giant caves and gnarl Stalactites that are pleasing to the eye. Your exploration spirit will be tested to its limit by this destination.
3. Chiang Mai - This is one of the most visited Thai cities. It is home to many elephant riding companies. The most interesting thing about this city is the lessons you will get on how to be an elephant whisperer (or a mahout). Imagine riding an elephant into a remote village in the hills of Chiang Mai? This is stuff you only see in movies. It is one of the greatest experiences you can have. While here, make sure you taste the Khao Soy noodles broth.
4. Khao sok National Park - This Park is home to the oldest rainforest in the world, thought to be over 160 million years old. The mountains, valleys, caves, rivers and lakes in this park will inspire your adventurous soul. It is the place you go to commune with nature as well as breathe some fresh air.
5. Phang Nga - This Thailand province is located on the west side of the Malay Peninsula. It is near the Phuket district that has become synonymous with Thai tourism. How would you love to get into a cave that is only visible during the low tide and then rush to get out before the cave is filled up with water during the high tide? Trust me; your adrenaline will be on a hyper drive as you paddle your kayak out of the cave in a 'rush against the tide'.
Thailand experiences a tropical weather throughout the 365 days of the year. You can visit the country any time of the year without the fear that the weather will change. If you have never been to the country, then add it to your bucket list. You do not want to give up on the pleasures available in this country.